Platinum Crush, LLC is a privately held company that owns and operates a soybean crushing plant in Atla, Iowa. Operations are scheduled to commence mid-2024 with a capacity to process approximately 40 million bushels of soybeans annually. Some of its features include:
- Four truck inbound lanes, truck probe station, two inbound scales, and one outbound scale. All areas have CompuWeigh stations to process and transact receipts automatically.
- Two soybean-receiving grain legs that are each rated for 30,000 bushels per hour, which will empty a semi-truck in approximately 45 seconds and provide a total “on pit” time of less than two minutes.
- Six Sukup soybean storage bins that are each 105 feet in diameter and hold 870,000 bushels for a total soybean storage capacity of more than 5,000,000 bushels.
- Crushing capacity minimally rated at 110,000 bushels/day. Annually producing 847,000 tons of soybean meal, 450 million pounds of soybean oil, and 77,000 tons of soy hull pellets.
- Flat storage soybean meal building that will hold 14,000 tons. Soybean meal loadout systems rated at 500 tons per hour.
- Four soybean oil storage tanks that are each rated to hold 3,750,000 pounds. Soybean oil loadout systems rated at 1,000 gallons per minute.