Platinum Crush, LLC is a privately held company that owns and operates a soybean processing plant in Atla, Iowa. Operations are scheduled to commence in mid-2024 with a capacity to process approximately 40 million bushels of soybeans annually. The 440-acre site is situated just west of Storm Lake, IA in Buena Vista County along Highway 7. The site possesses many characteristics that made building in Alta highly desirable, including:
- Canadian National Railroad with direct Class I service both east and south and interchanging in Sioux City Iowa to move our finished products to our customers.
- Northern Natural Gas maintains a major interstate pipeline adjacent to our processing plant. A primary delivery point facility was constructed to connect the site to natural gas.
- MidAmerican Energy Company possesses a 161 kV line into the site and constructed a new substation to serve our electricity needs.
- The site has two water wells installed that supply water to the plant for its boilers, cooling towers, and non-process requirements.
- Owner installed rail loop with 5 loop tracks and 2 loading tracks totaling greater than 50,000 feet of trackage.
- Buena Vista County will widen and pave more than 4 miles of gravel roads directly surrounding the site. Buena Vista County has been a key partner and critical contributor to make the site viable.